Venue – Newbury
Dates towards the end of 2015 to be confirmed
Programme Fees £1,350+vat
This programme is specifically for graduates of HumanTechnics professional coach training programmes. It recognises prior learning from the workshop time for these programmes enabling a fast-track to NLP Practitioner Certificate (suitable for those who have attended the workshop days but yet to complete the qualifications).
Tutor – Angela Watson
A Bit About NLP
NLP offers an exceptionally rich body of knowledge, models, approaches, techniques and set of skills for professionals involved in learning and influencing performance development in others, and for people looking to build their personal skills and capabilities.
NLP is often referred to as the study of excellence, focused on how the most successful people operate in order to reproduce the success in a congruent and holistic way. Observing and imitating others is something that as humans we do naturally. NLP provides a structured approach, models and skills that enables us to do this in a more systematic and effectively way. Called ‘modelling’, this is at the heart of NLP.
The HumanTechnics NLP Practitioner programme offers a fascinating inspirational development route. Many professionals look back at their NLP Practitioner training as a key milestone.
NLP was developed in the 70’s and the NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner certificates are based around a defined syllabus which dates back to then. Most of the terminology originates from the small group of academics in California who were keen to develop NLP as a science discipline and this is reflected in some of the terminology used – you’ll quickly get used to the language!
The Programme Offers:
- A conceptual framework built around personal integrity and resourcefulness
- A powerful, practical and applicable set of tools and techniques that will support your personal development and the development of the people you’re working with.
- A highly practical skills set integrated with your existing skills and approach – making them your skills.
- Flexible skills – NLP trained consultants apply their skills on a day-to-day basis in:
– Organisational Strategy, Design and Business Planning
– Change and Transition Leadership/Management
– Performance Management
– Leadership Development
– Communications – Strategy and Skills Development
– Facilitation and Coaching for Performance
– Behavioural Change
A Bit of Background
Created in the early 1970s by two academics, John Grinder and Richard Bandler, NLP has its fundamental methodology rooted in behavioural modelling and transformational linguistics. The question Bandler and Grinder wanted to answer was – what are the successful strategies created and maintained by the most effective people. The initial subjects of their research were renowned psychotherapists, Fritz Perls, Milton Erickson and Virginia Satir. This focus on therapists was very influential as many of the models key to the therapeutic approaches of the people being studied would became core models within NLP.
- Fritz Perls was the father of Gestalt Therapy.
- Milton Erickson developed a model that described the action of language on cognitions and is best known for his highly creative and original approaches to challenging and resolving the complex issues presented by his clients; real client centred therapy.
- Virginia Satir was the family therapist who introduced the notion of systems thinking into therapy.
Until the 1990s, when it emerged into the mainstream and was repackaged for managers, sales people, and learning and development professionals, NLP had remained, to a large extent, the preserve of psychologists, therapists and a few educationalists at the cutting edge. Today NLP is core to the work of many professionals in a diverse range of jobs.
About The HumanTechnics Programme
This programme has been designed as professional and personal development for those people who want to enhance their ability to influence high performance in themselves and others.
It is an accelerated 5-day programme using your prior learning as a foundation.
The learning outcomes:
- broaden and deepen your knowledge and ability to apply NLP in the workplace and in your personal life
- integrate your learning so that it builds on your talents and enhances everything you do.
Our programme uses a modern workshop style, being very practical and practice based, apply Accelerated Learning approaches and supporting/engaging different learning styles. The workshop environment is relaxed, safe and supportive with lots of opportunity to have fun!
NLP Practitioner Syllabus
The NLP Practitioner Syllabus covers the following skills, techniques, patterns and concepts of NLP (this is where the terminology kicks in).
- Behavioural integration of the basic presuppositions of NLP
- Rapport, establishment and maintenance
- Pacing and Leading (verbal and non-verbal)
- Calibration (sensory-based experience)
- Representational Systems (predicates and accessing cues)
- Elicitation of well-formed, ecological outcomes and structures of present state
- Overlap and Translation
- Metaphor Creation
- Elicitation and transformation of beliefs
- Frames Contrast, Relevancy, as If, Backtrack
- Anchoring (VAK)
- Anchoring Techniques (contextualised to the field of application)
- Ability to shift consciousness to external or internal, as required by the moment’s task
- Dissociation and Association
- Verbal and non-verbal elicitation of responses
- Accessing and building of resources
- Strategies: detection, elicitation, utilization, installation
- Meta Programs
- Criteria (Values)
- Identification and utilization
- Criteria ladder
- Elicitation of complex equivalence and adjustment of criteria
- Demonstration of behavioural flexibility
HumanTechnics is a training and coaching consultancy with particular expertise and heritage in coaching and mentoring. We are the UK’s largest provider of professional training in Coaching with Postgraduate qualifications. Qualifications are through our strategic partnerships with Bristol Business School (part of the University of the West of England), and the ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management).
We deliver leadership skills and talent development training with an emphasis on a coaching & Mentoring approach, building engagement and performance through a focus on supporting capability development.
Please call us with any questions about NLP Programmes or any of the other programme and projects we deliver for clients on 0330 111 0303